The superior design of the website for your company cannot be neglected in the current competitive market situation. In fact, it is not an exaggeration to maintain that the first impression of new users is heavily reliant on the website design. An inferior design means a bad emotional connection and that most likely means the new user will move to another site. As more and more potential new customers are using the Internet to transact initially with businesses, it has become more important to deliver a good first impression with your website.
Owing to all these aspects, an organization must design its new website with adequate care. This may look like an imposing challenge but it is actually not. You only have to carefully follow a few essential but advanced tips and, the end result of that would be a website that delivers results. So, let’s have a brief understanding of these significant guidelines.
- Convey the important information quickly: Generally, people who search for details on the net are not that patient. They are not inclined to reading content that is overly elaborate and facts are difficult to find. In light of that, you need to ensure that the primary message gets communicated in the first couple of sentences.
- Use a simple writing style and format for easy readability: Equally important is the point that the content has to be properly formatted. Refrain from using long and winding sentences and also make use of bullets and lists, as and where required. Also, the paragraphs must not be too long. With that, reading becomes easier for people and they can easily comprehend what you want to convey.
- Buttons for action: When your website does not consist of buttons for action, the users are left perplexed as to what has to be done next! The presence of these action buttons solves the issue, in the sense that they guide users on the further course of action. Phrases such as “click for added details” “play the video”, etc, could be displayed on the buttons.
- Extensive testing: Intense and systematic testing is essential for superior outcome. Here, you have to depend on specific testing tools that shall give you an accurate picture of the pattern in which users interact with different pages of the website. Based on the findings, a company can edit/add details to the website to make it more user-friendly. This creates a superior brand experience with your website.
- Social media: The powerful grip that social media now has on the lives of people warrants no special mention! Therefore, the logical conclusion is that; the website of an organization needs to contain links directing to various platforms of social media, as well. This drastically expands the reach of your business.
- Security: The Internet has its dark side, too, in the form of things like cyber fraud, online identity theft, etc. Due to this, it is imperative that you design the site in such a way that the security of users is not compromised on your website. A business with a high-security website gives confidence to the site users, potential and current customers.
- Use simple language, write in easy to understand way: Never forget that most of the people visiting your site are laymen and not intellectuals! So, your content should be in simple language. If you use complex words/terms you will just end up displaying your writing abilities, but you cannot achieve the primary goal of communicating your major points to prospects.
- Perform search engine optimization of your website: A website that is not found by users in your geography when they are searching for the products or services you offer is hurting your business. Improper web design can greatly disadvantage your SEO efforts. This causes many lost leads and sales. An otherwise good website that does not deliver on the SEO front is bad for your business. Invest in a high-quality SEO provider who will guide you with proper search engine optimization of your website. Check if the website developer is really an expert with SEO, if not make it imperative for the designer to work with a good SEO company. Bad SEO does not hurt the designer it hurts your business!
Take care of these advance but simple tips that are human-centric and will help you connect with visitors as well as existing customers. The above may look simple, but the devil is in the detail. Using the above tips and executing as per the above will require some discipline and effort from your end. So don’t take the above tips very casually. Remember, excellence is not doing extraordinary things but doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.